Comply with Anaesthesia and Intensive Care’s Editorial Policies and Instructions for Authors
By submitting a manuscript (being any written work and any supporting or related material) to the Australian Society of Anaesthetists (the Society) for publication in the Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Journal (the Journal) you accept the following terms and conditions.
- The manuscript should:
- comply with the Editorial Policies and Instructions for Authors;
- be prepared in accordance with the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals; and
- be formatted in Microsoft Word 2000 or later.
To the extent that the manuscript does not comply with these requirements, the Society may return the manuscript for revision or alter the manuscript so that it does comply.
- You warrant that the manuscript has not been and will not be provided to any one else to be considered for publication. You must ensure that no-one authorises the publishing of, or publishes the whole or a substantial part of, the manuscript unless the Society confirms to you that it does not intend to publish the manuscript. This does not refer to the publication of abstracts of presentations at scientific meetings, so long as these are clearly identified as abstracts and do not include data that were not presented at the meeting.
- By submitting the manuscript you agree that on its first publication in the Journal:
- all copyright in the manuscript is assigned to the Society, without reservation;
- to the extent, if any, that such assignment is not effective, the copyright will be solely, exclusively and irrevocably licensed to the Society;
- all moral rights in the manuscript are waived.
You warrant that you are authorised and able to agree to the assignments and waiver contained in this paragraph on behalf of all authors and owners of copyright in the manuscript.
- All authors have contributed substantially to the manuscript and attest to the validity of the data and the originality of the text (unless otherwise specified).
- All authors will declare whether not they have a conflict of interest, i.e. personal, professional or business affiliation, relevant to the paper, as described by the ICMJE. If any author has a conflict of interest, they will complete and submit the ICMJE Conflict of Interest disclosure form with the manuscript. Sources of funding, equipment or other support must be given.
- The submitted work complies with the ethical standards outlined in the Editorial Policies and Instructions for Authors, and details of institutional approval, including the name of the approving body and the approval number for the work undertaken, are included in the manuscript.
- Clinical trials will include details of clinical trial registration, including the registry name and the registration number of the trial.
- The manuscript includes or is accompanied by a statement signed by all authors declaring that they have read and accept the “Terms and Conditions for Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Submissions” as outlined in this submission process and affirming that “This manuscript is an honest, accurate and transparent account of the study, case or topic being reported; no important aspects have been omitted; and any discrepancies from the study as planned (and, if relevant, registered) have been explained” (see example statement). The role of each author in the study is also described briefly.
- You acknowledge that prior to, and for the purpose of publication of the manuscript in the Journal, the Society (or any editor engaged by the Society) may reproduce, amend, style and/or shorten the manuscript.
- The Society may request your approval of substantial changes made to a manuscript. If you do not provide your approval the Society may decide not to publish the manuscript.
- The Society will determine the priority and time of publication of the manuscript, or in its entire discretion, reject the manuscript.
- As of July 2015, Anaesthesia and Intensive Care will only publish abstracts of conferences or meetings held by the three members of the tripartite: the Australian Society of Anaesthetists, Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society or New Zealand Society of Anaesthetists. All additional abstracts may be published on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Chief Editor. For guidelines to submit abstracts to the journal: click here